Thursday, August 15, 2013

this is phi bulani

Greetings from www.outofthenorm.biz and www.phibulani.com

Elvis Candlelight Vigil 2013 ~ 'nuff said  Phi Bulani musing on his Graceland experience;

"I've been lucky enough to visit Graceland on two different occasions, once in it's earlier less developed stages, for instance the strip plaza across from Graceland was more or less still intact, selling some of the most rare and cheesey kind of Elvis chachka you could ever hope to find, it was fun, and a strange kind of dichotomy between what you experienced with the Candlelight Vigil and the trinkets that for many were akin to a plastic rosary, in short phenomenal, and than the Mecca that it's become, and it remains for me as unique and personal experience as one can have, Elvis Presley as an artist remains a kind of spiritual touchstone, the impact of his work as as a musician, artist and that incredible voice for me is unparalleled... and such is the way of genius, you know, so when you get doing your own thing, you sometimes get well... stuck, so I always revisit his stuff whenever I feel a little stuck--- it's freedom man, and so when I was visiting Graceland, I think it's why it felt like you're waiting for someone to come home- because his presence is so much part of the family, the family of man you know- and I'm sure when I get the chance to visit again, it will feel much the same way... you know  i was registered to perform in Collingwood Elvis Festival this year, and they welcomed me into their family, describing the celebration not as an event or competition, but as a celebration, and I was really looking forward to it, but I was under an extended contract and so I was unable to attend, so now I look forward to sharing in the celebration and being welcomed into the family once again at Collingwood next year.  Love Elvis man, love him.

Keeping vigil, click here to keep vigil with Phi


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se0upoelDPY&feature=player_embedded




PHI BULANI AS AN ELVIS IMPERSONATOR IN DISCOVERING ELVIS UH HUH  HUH






No comments: