Monday, April 04, 2022

THIS IS PHI BULANI

THIS IS PHI BULANI ON INSTAGRAM

 I"M PRETTY SELECTIVE ABOUT WHAT I POST


Question:You don't do a lot of social media, if any at all?
PHI: Well. I've done my share of it... I mean this blog was pre twitter pre fb and pre IG.  Largely a little bit of pr for myself at the time of whatever production I was a part of and promoting.
Q: What about now? 
PHI: Now?! ahahah... well' for me it's a kind of performance... it's a fun sandbox... still, I'm pretty selective about what I post, I mean there might be a 1000 posts all n all... and they're generally meant to inspire and reflect a healthy approach to a performers lifestyle and or performers travelling lifestyle; with a view to a kind of a training and fitness for life,,. and every now and then I might show the plumbing so to speak (sorry folks not really that kinda show)--- ahaha, you know... but really I think we should put a greater value on our own privacy as a whole, I mean: to reference Mike Birbiglia this isn't my secret public journal (thanks Birbig's) ahahah (as I subject my self to public scrutiny in this very public accessed post)... so yeah, yeah, yeah you know I think when you're living your life, building your life,..  it's easy to get caught up in thinking with the perceived predominance of social media and it's oh so pervasive presence in peoples lives; so much so that you convince yourself it's the reason you're doing the thing you're doing, and now you're convinced you're doing it just to keep up...  and then I guess for some people it is, I have to do this so I can post that... and so on and so on.... and of course that's completely ass backwards, at least for me I mean I'm not here on earth to endlessly hashtag my life for the constant consumption of some perceived audience... for some kind of algorithmic climax--- dang that went a little dark... ahahah... its a fun sandbox."


This pic grabbed some attention so it became this mosaic containing all previous 500 posts. It's not a hi res  so you can't see them all in this jpg.
Like I said it's a fun sandbox.